Friday, November 9, 2012


Busy, Busy, Busy--Lots of New Patterns 
And that's a good thing. Ever since February, when I started selling my Jo-Lydia's Attic patterns at www.craftsy.com, my sewing room has been buzzing with creativity. When you discover that customers all over the world appreciate your efforts by purchasing your patterns, it does wonders--at least it did for me--and it unleashes motivation to do more. I've introduced many new patterns since February, but I won't show them all in this post, just those that have seasonal appeal.

Be sure to visit www.craftsy.com to check out all of my patterns. Just click on one of the pattern photos below and you will be re-directed to my Craftsy pattern store. 

I love my little "Boo Bag," an easy-to-stitch tote for carrying home Halloween treats. I used the same jack-o-lantern block in a table runner and placemat set, but look how different it looks with different fabric for the borders! The runner is "living" on my dining table, along with several pumpkins from my growing collection. If you prefer, you can eliminate the facial features for a more generic harvest runner to last through Thanksgiving.




If you'd rather make a wall hanging for Thanksgiving, check out "Give Thanks...A Harvest Wall Hanging." It combines easy fusible applique with pumpkin and maple leaf blocks and a perky turkey made with simple shapes. The tail feathers on my finished quilt are made with "poly-silk" fall leaves snipped from dollar "store" sprays and fused in place. Directions and templates are also included for a more primitive-style feather as well as for leaves to cut from fabric to mimic the look of the silk leaves. With just a few blocks and fusible applique, this project won't take long--there's time to make it before turkey day!


Of course, Christmas has been on my mind, too, and I have three new patterns to share. I love my wall quilt, "A Heartfelt Christmas Tree." The background is really easy to piece and the tree is made of appliqued hearts in two sizes. I fused them in place, but you can use other applique methods if you prefer. And, I think this pattern lends itself to "decorating." You could even turn it into an Advent Calendar by adding small ornaments each day, beginning on December 1st. I might just do that!


If you're looking for easy table settings, consider "Santa's New Suit" and "Presently Wrapped." With each pattern, you quilt your own Christmas fabrics together and then add appliqued details with fusible web. I finished the applique edges with tiny zigzagging or machine blindstitching. "Santa's New Suit" includes an appliqued napkin with folding directions to turn it into his hat, complete with clip-on pom-pom. A folded napkin creates the "bow" on pretty packages wrapped with Christmas fabric to make the "Presently Wrapped" place setting. Both patterns are super easy and fun to make. They would make great early Christmas gifts for those who love to decorate their tables for holiday parties and get-togethers.


So there you have it. My holiday offerings for 2012. I'm already thinking about the next holidays--and have lots of ideas for 2013. I'll keep you posted! 

Happy Holiday Stitching!
Barbara

No comments: