Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Why I Love Craftsy!

I love Craftsy for so many reasons--and especially that I am selling patterns for my designs all over the world. I wish I had kept a list of all the places they've gone--South Africa, Italy, Denmark, Sweden, Mexico, Great Britain, Canada, and Ireland are some that I can remember, but there are quilters and sewers in many other countries who are using my patterns. It's really very gratifying to know that your designs are appreciated worldwide--and that simply would not have happened without the venue created by Craftsy for independent designers like me to show and sell their patterns. They also have wonderful online classes to take!

I often send thank yous to my Craftsy customers and am sometimes rewarded with a lovely response, like the one from Joan Wium in South Africa. She purchased my Quilted Carryall tote bag pattern to embroider it for her entry in a competition offered by Hatched In Africa (they have lovely machine embroidery designs for download to use on your embroidery machine). Click on the photo and it will take you to my pattern store at Craftsy. 


Joan finished her totes for the competition and won in her category--and I can clearly see why. Her workmanship is outstanding--truly beautiful sewing, plus wonderful embroidery! Kudos to her. She shared these photos so I could share them with my readers.






Joan wrote these kind words in our e-mail correspondence.
"Well I just thought to let you know that I made my tote and I won the contest in my category! I loved to create the tote from scratch (even doing the quilting as we do not have much fabric  that is ready –quilted ). We had to make two totes –Plain and Fancy. I could select some designs from Hatched in Africa as my prize. They often have these contests to promote their gorgeous designs. Your pattern was really easy to follow and I had no problem sewing the tote."

By reaching out to Joan, I also received a lovely invitation: "I’ll really look forward to meeting you should you come to South Africa. I live in the capital of Limpopo Province, Polokwane and about two and a half hours from the Phalaborwa gate to the Kruger National Park."

You can be sure we will try to meet up with Joan when our travels take us to South Africa in a few years.
Thanks to Joan for the photos to share and for the invitation! If you have made a project from any of my patterns, I would love to see photos and to share them with other readers.

Til next time, keep on smiling and stitching!
Barbara

1 comment:

Lisa Anne said...

What a great story, Barbara! Thanks so much for saying hello at Spring Quilt Market. We work really hard to support independent designers and love hearing we're part of your success. It's always so fun to meet our community members in person! Just let us know if there's ever anything we can do to help your patterns business grow even more. Take care!