Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Bet You Can't Make Just One Halloween Mug Rug

For awhile now, I've been noticing mug rugs everywhere. They continue to be in the Top Twenty Best Sellers at www.craftsy.com. Finally, I took some time to design one and before I knew it, I had designed eight or so. Believe me, the designing took longer than it does to make one! They are super quick to make. Since it's the bewitching month, my first designs are all for Halloween--and since they are so fast to stitch up, you can certainly make up a batch or two to use for the remainder of the month.
So here are the first four of my ghoulishly easy Mug Rugs!



The background for each face is foundation-paper-pieced--a full-size pattern is included in each pattern. All of the features are fused in place, and then zigzagged as part of the quilting. Since each one measures only 5-1/2" x 9-1/2", fabric requirements are minimal. They are great stash busters! In addition to fabrics, you'll need batting and your favorite fusible web. A set of four different mug rugs, or a set of four of your favorite design, would make a great gift!

You'll find all four of these quick-and-easy PDF downloadable patterns at my Craftsy store--http://www.craftsy.com/user/153303/pattern-store

Each pattern is just $2.50. Even if you don't make them right away, once purchased, the patterns will always be in your pattern library at Craftsy to download when you are ready to have a little stitching therapy! 

Until next time,
Keep smiling, sewing, and quilting!
Barbara




No comments: